Rector of the Jagiellonian University announces a competitive selection process for the post of an ASSISTANT in the research staff at the Centre for Evaluation and Analysis of Public Policies of the Faculty of Philosophy in the project "Positive Health Program", financed by the National Science Center as a part of the POLS competition (el. PSP: Z / IPZ / 00348).
he competitive selection process is open for all individuals, who meet the requirements set out in Articles 113 and 116.2.4) of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science, and who meet the following eligibility criteria according to § 166 of the Statute of the Jagiellonian University:
1) Holding at least a Master’s degree, Master of Science degree or an equivalent degree;
2) Exhibiting aptitude for research work.
The person who applies is obliged to recruit at the Special competition procedure in the Doctoral School of Social Sciences Link
The contract will be signed with a person who will have the status of a doctoral student at the time of signing.
1. Master’s degree (in the discipline of social sciences and health sciences, e.g., psychology, sociology, quantitative methods, economics, statistics, demography, public health)
2. Research interests related to the project
3. Interest in preparing the PhD thesis on the topics covered by the project under the supervision of the PI,
4. Knowledge of statistics and possessing analytical skills, experience in statistical analysis;
5. Experience in working with quantitative data;
6. Very good work organization, reliability, and punctuality,
7. Excellent communication skills,
8. Fluent English.
The knowledge of Polish is not required.
What we offer:
1. Salary- max amount of funds for the whole employment are about 170 thousands PLN (assuming 24 months contract)
2. Full-time employment until the end of the project, that is 14.10.2023.
The candidates, who would like to take part in the competitive selection process, should submit the following documents to the Centre for Evaluation and Analysis of Public Policies of the Jagiellonian University in Krakow, ul. Ingardena 3, room 209 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. application form;
3. personal questionnaire filled in by the candidate;
4. copy of the master’s diploma or a doctoral diploma, if applicable;
5. information on the candidate’s scientific, teaching and organisational achievements;
6. list of publications (including publisher and the number of pages), if applicable;
7. latest performance evaluation form, if the candidate was subject to such an evaluation;
8. declaration of the candidate, confirming that the Jagiellonian University will be their primary place of work, should they be selected in the competitive selection process;
9. declaration under Article 113 of the Law on Higher Education and Science (Attachment No. 1);
10. declaration on acknowledging and accepting the rules and regulations concerning intellectual property management and commercialisation in force at the Jagiellonian University;
11. information regarding processing of personal data.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates.
Opening date: 05.11.2021
Application submission deadline: 22.11.2021
The competitive selection process will be concluded by 25.11.2021
The Jagiellonian University does not provide housing.